This Kasco RA2 aeration system is a very good kit that has everything
you need to aerate a pond from around 1 to 3 acres in size (depending
on the depth).
Effective aeration can be achieved in 1 acre ponds 5 to 8
feet deep, 2 acre ponds 8 to 12 feet deep, and 3 acre ponds 12 to 16+
Contact us with your surface area and depth information and we can suggest the best fitting system for your pond.
The Teich-Aire compressor can work down to depths of 50'.
The 1/4 HP compressor draws 2.5 amps on a 115v set up and 1.2 amps on
the optional 230v power supply (contact us if you require 230v).
Air output is 3.2 CFM's at 10psi.
This system includes:
The Robust-Aire RA2 system:
• One KM-60 model ¼ HP Teich-Aire compressor. A dual piston compressor upgrade is available. Cabinet is optional.
• Dual port aluminum manifold with valves
• Two, 100 foot rolls of 3/8 inch Sure Sink weighted tubing
• Two Robust Aire diffuser assemblies
The standard RA2 package comes with a fully weather proof, lockable,
powder coated steel, ground based cabinet, cooling fan, and accessories
to provide full protection for the compressor system. A pole mounted
cabinet option is also available and can be mounted on a 4x4 post. And
finally, if you have a building or structure near the pond already you
may choose to get the RA2 system without any cabinet and it will work
fine as long as you keep the compressor dry and well ventilated for
Kasco Aeration uses superior diffuser materials and design.
Robust-Aire has been tested alongside 6 other leading designs by 4 other
manufacturers. Between 10 and 44% more water flow was induced with
the same volume of air injected into the water column. The system simply
creates more water flow to aerate the pond with the same amount of air
and energy making it the most efficient on the market.
the result of an efficient diffuser which allows air to escape at a very
low pressure, to produce smaller bubbles with less friction loss. The
bubbles are approximately 3mm in diameter. The U-shaped design and
placement of the four diffusers enhances the upward flow of water. The
diffuser material is durable and cleanable. While nothing
maintenance free, seasonal cleaning of the diffusers in order to
maintain efficiency is easy. The hydrophobic material partially repels
growth films and can be cleaned with a rag or gloved hand.
Teich-Aire rocking piston compressors
• Provide efficient, continuous-duty operation with minimal maintenance and quiet operation. Units are extremely quiet.
• Included pressure relief valve
• Air filter with replaceable cartridge
Sound level is less than: 70 dB without cabinet (Window air
conditioner), 65 dB with cabinet and acoustic sound proofing (Normal
conversation) Updated June 2020 - Now 34% quieter with the new air filter intake module!
• Safely starts under pressure. Maximum operating depth 40 feet.
- 3 years on motor (increased from 2 years)
- 2 years on piston cups and gaskets
- Weighted Tubing
- 15 years (increased from 10 years)
- Post Mount and Base Mount Cabinets
- Lifetime (increased from 5 years)